Cryptoform is a system of hardware and software, which are used for mining cryptocurrency units. How such system works and what you need to do? Before answering this question, you need to understand what mining is and how it works.
The mining process
When you create a block of transactions, miners initiate the process that confirms its accuracy. They take this block and, using mathematical calculations, this is the initial sequence into something much shorter. The result is a more compact sequence of letters and numbers, which is also called a “hash.”
Each new unit is created using the previous hash. This is one way of confirming the accuracy of the unit. This process creates a kind of “wax seal”, which States that this unit and the one that was before him, are accurate. Suppose you decided to intervene into the unit. If so, anyone know about this — it will be marked as fake. The following is a brief breakdown of the process of production:
- The transaction is inserted into the unit.
- The miners check on the validity of the transaction.
- They choose the last header block and insert it in the new block as the hash.
- They solve mathematical equations.
- When a solution is found, a new block is added to the block chain, and then distributed throughout the network.
Miners are not trying to check only one transaction — they are working on testing many. All transactions are placed in blocks with virtual block. Miners run software to find the “key” that opens this lock.
However, to perform these tasks is not easy. For example, the expected number of attempts to find the correct key is about 1.7 billion, and the reward for bitcoin is issued approximately every 10 minutes. The key to success is having the right tools, namely the effective cryptoform.
In simple words, cryptomeria (mining farm) is a group of processors configured on the solution of mathematical problems, for which the miner receives a reward.
Types of cryptoform
In addition to the wallet, you also need cryptoform — they have changed considerably over the last few years. Consider the basic types of them.
- CPU-farm. In the early years, miners relied on simple processors for cryptocurrency mining. At the time these baseline computers were powerful enough to perform the required tasks. But later, hack cheats has become more difficult, and the miners found a more reliable alternative: production for the graphic cards. But now mining on CPUs can be relevant if you have the opportunity to get a good Xeon CPU at a low price, as some cryptocurrencies good they are extracted.
- GPU-farm. The farm on the cards almost 100 times faster than CPUs when it comes to mining cryptocurrencies. Accordingly, faster results leads to greater success. GPUs can also be used for reproduction of different cryptocurrencies, not just bitcoins. But over time appeared faster and even more reliable options. Graphics cards from AMD and Nvidia give different results in different mining time. Article about how to build a GPU farm at home.
- FPGA farm. User-programmable matrix fans (FPGA) allows manufacturers of equipment for the manufacture of chips and set them up for mining bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies. As this technology is specially configured for developing bitcoins, it usually works much better than CPUs and GPUs.
- ASIC farm. Specific integrated circuits (ASIC), designed to ensure the efficiency of mining with a high-speed processing and efficient power consumption. In fact it is blocks configured only on certain mining cryptocurrency. Some asik can handle several algorithms.
Thus, cryptogamy-based CPUs already practically outlived her, and in their place came a more modern and progressive technologies to accelerate the mining of cryptocurrencies. If you want to learn more about how much can you earn mining and what should be remembered when the farm, read our article dedicated to this topic.