Study: Financial institutions in the world for the production of crypto-currencies by Central banks

0

Study: Financial institutions in the world for the production of crypto-currencies by Central banks

The results of a joint study by IBM Blockchain and the Official forum of monetary and financial institutions (OMFIF), published on 25 October, saying that most financial institutions in favour of Central banks issue their own digital currencies.

In the period from July to September 2018 OMFIF interviewed a number of Central banks, which are unable to agree on whether the government to issue a cryptocurrency. On issues related to the management of such currencies and access, opinion is also divided, notes The Next Web.

76% of respondents expressed doubts about the effectiveness of the technology of the distributed registry, while the majority of surveyed financial institutions believe that the Central banks should issue its own digital currency.

However, only 38% of organizations examine and test this possibility, while the remaining 62% is completely inactive in this respect.

In addition to the above statistics, the report describes a number of approaches to the creation of such assets, and offers recommendations on how to solve the related questions.

We will remind, last week the Deputy Chairman of the management Board of the Bank of Japan’s Masayoshi Amamiya said that digital currency from Central banks is unlikely to improve the existing monetary system.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.